Interested to know your thoughts on reviews. I read that many authors don't read them, too sensitive to criticism they feel is only one person's point of view and subjective. EH? Don't they have to take the rough with the smooth? Do they only want to hear - this was fab? On the other hand - this is their baby and it's hard to hear that someone thinks it sucks.
I've noticed a growing trend for authors to request reviews from specialist sites. So, questions:
1. If you knew there was a review of your book out there, would you read it?
2. Would you actively seek reviews or not?
3. Would you respond to a reviewer who didn't like your book?
1. I would have to read it. I don't have a particulary thick skin but I couldn't not read it.
2. On the fence here. Something tells me it's asking for trouble but if you have faith in your book, maybe it's fine. Ooh, I don't know. Wobbles indecisively.
3. Yes. I couldn't help myself - unless it was abusive. In which case I'd change my name to Hillary Clinton - see previous post.