Welcome. This blog was started three years ago by four aspiring writers who are now three published authors of novels and short stories (Barbara Elsborg, Dawn Jackson, Arlene Webb) and one multiple award-winning writer (Laurie Green). We blog to keep readers updated on our new releases or other random topics. We hope you enjoy your stay. :] Coffee?

Friday, November 2, 2007

TGIF

I can't say I've ever been as happy to see Friday as I am today. This week was insane.

I've finished one of the books, "Double Dating With the Dead," that I planned to read last week and will be posting my thoughts tomorrow. I've added three stories to my TBR pile(Like it needs to be any bigger). I've added Susan Grant's "Contact," Sherrilyn Kenyon's "Upon a Midnight Clear," and "Lover Unbound," by J.R. Ward.

I've also just seen the RomVet's list of reads. I will be going through it and fattening up the ole TBR pile even more. Think of it as emergency snow storm supplies. Some good looking books on that list demanding my attention.
I'm a quarter of the way from finishing "Phonenix Unrisen." I have to say, I absolutely love this writer's style and I'm sure I'm going to love it to the end.

I've read a couple of Non-Sci Fi, Non-Fantasy, Romance stories that you need to add to your pile, if you're looking for reads.
For a Historical I've got "The Courtesan's Daughter," by Claudia Dain. I'll post a review of this jewel later. Or perhaps I should say it's a real pearl.
For a Contemporary, I've got "The Black Sheep and the Princess" by Donna Kauffman. She's one of my faves in the erotica market. I will also post a review of this book, though some of you may have already heard my thoughts on it. Keep your eye out for her novels, they sizzle.

For the rest of this weekend I have crits to catch up on for my peers (get them posted, I'll be on the prowl), and three chapters left to write on "An Alien's Guide to Abducting a Bride" to finish it. Yes, I said it, the rough will be finished in three chapters, er maybe four. Plus I've got Birthday shopping to do for the husband. Should be a busy weekend.
Have a Fantastic Friday. See you on the backside.

3 comments:

Flick said...

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on those, Dawn. I read four books today. One was a self-published book by a lecturer in creative writing in the UK. She asked me to read and review so I did. It was called 'The Divine War'. Story of a fight among the gods that leads to a drought on earth. The gods are sent down to sort things out and decide they want the people of earth to vote for the god they like the best. The idea was great, the book not so great. The next book was a chick lit thing - I opened it and saw it was Christian chicklit and -sorry- but it immediately put me off. 'What a girl wants' by Kristen Billerbeck. Writing was fine, funny in places but story was just average. Nothing to make it stand out from the rest. Then I read a book by Cheryl Holt -'More than Seduction' - regency romance but fun. Predicable but nicely so and I enjoyed it. Bit of whipping and a crippled hero - sigh!!!!Lastly - Tall dark and dead by Tate Hallaway. Very good. Vampire/witch story with a twist that I thoroughly enjoyed. Can you tell it was a sunny day in Florida. My own writing put on hold while I relaxed for a while.

Dawn said...

Send some of that sun and time my way, Flick. LOL

Laurie said...

Don't need any more sun here. Could use some rain!