Welcome. This blog was started three years ago by four aspiring writers who are now three published authors of novels and short stories (Barbara Elsborg, Dawn Jackson, Arlene Webb) and one multiple award-winning writer (Laurie Green). We blog to keep readers updated on our new releases or other random topics. We hope you enjoy your stay. :] Coffee?

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Linnea Sinclair's Latest is Launched

Linnea Sinclair's THE DOWN HOME ZOMBIE BLUES was released on November 27th. Her latest Sci-Fi Romance edges into the Alien Romance subgenre. This is the book that had a drastic cover art change--from red to blue--late in the game.

I was tickled to see the site even has a quote from my book review of the ARC that was posted on Toasted Scimitar.

Check out the site here: http://linneasinclair.com/DHZBCOVER.htm

The site features something a little different--THE DOWN HOME ZOMBIE BLUES soundtrack. :)

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Ah, another to add to my pile.
Will have to pick that up. I wonder, Laurie. Why the change in the cover? I liked the red cover better.

Linnea Sinclair said...

It's called "branding," Dawn. Bantam wants a uniform look for all my covers now, even though the stories are (save one to date) not series. They're looking for an easily identifiable "that's a Linnea Sinclair book" image. The blue cover of Zombie (two faces, something spacey, the title and author name fonts) are "it."

Does that help? ;-) ~Linnea

Dawn said...

Super. A great cover makes a difference. As I've said before, a lot of readers make their first choice based on the art(I'd be lying if I said I haven't myself). It seems to be a trend. I've seen it with Susan Grant's books, Sherrilyn Kenyon's, J.R Ward's, even Jim Butcher has his own look on the covers of his Dresden Files series.
So, Yeah. It makes sense.
It also seems that computer graphics have become a big trend in the illustration market. Art and photos married together. This is an area my son is looking to get into when he graduates High School.
Anyway, sorry for the ramble. Lovely to have you pop on. Come by and visit anytime.