Welcome. This blog was started three years ago by four aspiring writers who are now three published authors of novels and short stories (Barbara Elsborg, Dawn Jackson, Arlene Webb) and one multiple award-winning writer (Laurie Green). We blog to keep readers updated on our new releases or other random topics. We hope you enjoy your stay. :] Coffee?

Sunday, November 4, 2007

November...and You Can Hear a Pin Drop

Well, it's that time of year again. NaNoWriMo is in full swing, and many of my cross-critters are slaving away at their novel-in-a-month goals. Unless, of course, you're Merc, who is writing six (count 'em six!) novels in November.

I haven't participated in NaNo to date, and I'm undecided if I'll give it a shot in 2008. I tend to owe so many crits that I can't just take a month off to focus on cranking out a 50,000 word plus novel (that most likely wouldn't be in any shape to market for a year or more).

Flick and Dawn, you're not participating are you?

3 comments:

Dawn said...

No kidding. Dead, dead, dead on CC. Working on Outer Planets but keep getting sidetracked. But I will try to get those done for you, Laurie. And I want to crit Consulation Prize too.
Sigh, so much to do, so little time to do it.

Flick said...

I'm not doing NaNo. I write all the time anyway so I don't want that sort of pressure. Anyway November is a bad month for me because I'm usually in the States so writing is more intermittent.

Laurie said...

I'm not doing NaNo either. My focus is on finishing, not start another new one! :)