Looking out the window of this hollywood hotel,
You’d never know that it was christmas eve.
The billboards and the neon took the place of silver bells,
And the temperature is 84 degrees.
I can hear the traffic on the crowded strip below
As the palm trees poke their heads above the scene
There’s not a single reindeer and it hardly ever snows,
And santa drives a Rolls Royce limosine.
But all along the Rockies
You can feel it in the air
From Telluride to Boulder down below
The closest thing to heaven on this planet anywhere
Is a quiet christmas morning
in the Colorado snow
I remember christmases when I was just a boy
In the morning I would run to see the tree.
And the carolers on the hillside sang their songs of christmas joy
Well, I always thought they sang them just for me.
Now the sun is setting in the california sky
And I cant find the spirit anywhere
So I think it’s time for me to tell Los Angeles goodbye
I’m going back home to look for Christmas there
But all along the Rockies
You can feel it in the air
From Telluride to Boulder down below
The closest thing to heaven on this planet anywhere
Is a quiet Christmas morning
In the Colorado snow
--Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
New Mexico Snowfall
January 2005
Rising Star Ranch
4 comments:
That's beautiful, Laurie.
Now if I could get my camera fixed, I'll take some pictures of the covered bridges and everything that is New England at Christmas.
Merry Christmas.
I'd love to see those, Dawn.
ah snow! We went to Celebration and stood in fake snow on Christmas Eve - but you can't beat the real thing
LOL Flick. I love seeing it from a distance...or from inside a nice warm house.
Post a Comment