Welcome. This blog was started three years ago by four aspiring writers who are now three published authors of novels and short stories (Barbara Elsborg, Dawn Jackson, Arlene Webb) and one multiple award-winning writer (Laurie Green). We blog to keep readers updated on our new releases or other random topics. We hope you enjoy your stay. :] Coffee?

Sunday, September 21, 2008

And Then There Were Two...

Notice our new look? I thought a bit of spiffing was in order since we're on the verge of making a major announcement.

*fanfare and drumroll please*

Our own Dawn Jackson is going to be published!

We're very excited to announce she's had a short story accepted for publication in an anthology, and this has created a lot of interest for some of her other work. I'm not sure if I'm at liberty to share the title of the short or anthology yet, so I'll save that for a follow up post. What I can tell you from first hand experience is that Dawn is a very talented and highly prolific writer. All of us here at Take it the the Stars are certain this is just the start of a long and wonderful career.

Congratulations, Dawn!

From Arlene, Barbara and Laurie

9 comments:

Dawn said...

Do we know which spiral galaxy that is????

Arlene said...

Love the new look, Laurie.
Dawn's on her way, armed and fascinating, and she's gonna take the reader to some amazing places. Congradulations to you, Dawn. It's very exciting and I wish you the best.

Laurie said...

Oh, Arlene, I do believe you've found a great log line for Dawn's work.

Armed and fascinating.

That's a perfect summary of her characters.

Laurie said...

Dawn, not sure about the galaxy. I filched it from NASA. I'll have to see if it has a tag.

Heather said...

Congratulations, Dawn! I'll add this to my next link round up.

Dawn said...

Oh, thanks all. So excited.
Tag, Laurie, Arlene, you're it.

sixboots said...

Hey sis!

I am SOOOOOO proud of you!!!! I knew it would happen eventually. You tell a great story...how could they resist?

Dawn said...

HiYa Shellie. Welcome to TittS.

Flick said...

Long overdue Dawn!!! Congratulations and look out world!!