Welcome. This blog was started three years ago by four aspiring writers who are now three published authors of novels and short stories (Barbara Elsborg, Dawn Jackson, Arlene Webb) and one multiple award-winning writer (Laurie Green). We blog to keep readers updated on our new releases or other random topics. We hope you enjoy your stay. :] Coffee?

Monday, July 21, 2008

Computers can endanger health

Apart from eye strain and finger strain, and the fact that using the damn thing is compulsive, watch your step!!!! I put down my laptop to answer the phone, tripped on the lead for the mouse, because I don't like the touch screen cursor and went flying! Blood all over the place, broken arm, broken leg - okay not broken arm and leg but there was blood. And there will be bruises since I landed flat out on the floor. Hoisted myself up and staggered to the phone only to hear a ship's siren and an automated voice saying - This is your captain speaking. One advantage of automated calls - you can say what you like and they can't hear you.
Oh good grief - I hope I hadn't just won a cruise.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh Barbara, be careful.
As for the cruise. ROFL.
Probably a time share salesman.

Laurie said...

Oh, ouch, Barbara. You skeered me with that broken arm and leg bit. So gullible, I am. Hope you heal quickly. Another hazard of our occupation.

Kate said...

But what about the laptop? Was it okay? Oh, sorry, I sound just like my husband.

Yes, you had me going for a bit with the broken arm and leg bit too. Hope you don't ache for too long. I'll swear floors get harder as you get older.