Welcome. This blog was started three years ago by four aspiring writers who are now three published authors of novels and short stories (Barbara Elsborg, Dawn Jackson, Arlene Webb) and one multiple award-winning writer (Laurie Green). We blog to keep readers updated on our new releases or other random topics. We hope you enjoy your stay. :] Coffee?

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Another wonder for you three

Have any of you crossed that line, and killed off your main protagonist? I mean really, as in d-e-a-d, wont rise again?

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh yeah. I killed Eva in Clone with a swan dive out of a tower after she takes the life of the one man who loved her, believing he'd betrayed her. She finds out moments after, that it wasn't as it appeared, that he was helping her and others like her to becomee free. It is possibly the darkest story I've written, and told in first person from the Sociopath, Anna's view. The abuse she suffers is horrendous, but she is a horrible person. Yeah, I killed her. The story demanded it.

Flick said...

Nope, never done it. I don't think I could.

Laurie said...

I have killed primary characters, but not one of the primary MCs. yet. But it's coming. I've written that test scene. I cried for days. I had to get into his mate's head to feel the emotion. It was a very heart wrenching experience.

Death is an inevitable part of life, so if you're writing an epic trilogy or a series, death has to be part of the characters' lives at some point, too. When my mother recently passed, I did a lot of thinking about living and dying. Some of those thoughts will probably make it into a novel at some point.