Welcome. This blog was started three years ago by four aspiring writers who are now three published authors of novels and short stories (Barbara Elsborg, Dawn Jackson, Arlene Webb) and one multiple award-winning writer (Laurie Green). We blog to keep readers updated on our new releases or other random topics. We hope you enjoy your stay. :] Coffee?

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Musings by Bunny.

*Pokes head in door and looks both ways* You haven’t seen any AARP members around? There’s about six of them, with Mo-Peds? No? *Steps in* There was this altercation at Macys. Oh never mind. I have someone I’d like you to meet. *Reaches through door and pulls scraggly looking woman in a toga through*

This is Delia, she’s a muse. *Shoves Delia towards screen* Say hello, Delia.

“Hi.”

Come on, don’t be bashful. Say hello to the nice people. *Raises pitchfork* Say hello you dysfunctional thought process, before I stick you with this pitchfork and roast you over a spit till you’re well done!

“Hi, I’m Delia and I’m a muse.” *glances nervously at Bunny* “Er, Bunny has so graciously asked me to visit this blog.” *gaze flits towards Bunny and back to the screen* “I couldn’t say no...” *Leans closer, wringing hands* “Oh god, help me. I’m being held host…. Ouch. That’s sharp”

Stick to the subject sister, or there’s more where that came from. *Tail twitches*

*Sighs* “I’ve been on holiday lately.” *stares at pitchfork* “but I just wanted all of you to know, I’m back.”

*Knocks Delia out of the way and crowds screen* What this miserable Inspiration Wannabe is trying to say, is that if you’ve been missing your muse, I found her. I’m holding her hostage to the highest bidder. Shall we open the bidding at one soul? *Raises eyebrow and snags back of muse’s toga, shaking her and rattling her teeth* Do I have any opening bids? A whole lot of inspiration here. *Shakes her again, sending muse into tears*

Oh, shut up. You never want to say anything until it benefits you. It’s all about you, you, you. Unless you’ve got something good to say, zip it shut. *Shakes head* You can never trust these muses, they are fair-weather friends, leave you high and dry when you least expect it. But, I’ve got one for the very low price of one soul. *Leans closer to the screen* A bargain.

*Sighs* No takers? Come on, it’s one miserable soul. I know she’s not much to look at, but when you don’t have one hanging around… Well, let’s just say she’s a real steal. No really, I snuck into this New York Times Bestseller’s house the other night and… *Looks around* Did you hear that? Mo-Peds? I think their stalking me. Deck one old lady and they turn on you. I’m telling you, I had those shoes off the clearance rack first. The old Biddy deserved it. *Glances around and grabs Delia in a chokehold* I’ve got to go, but you know where to find me.
Ciao!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

LOL! I've never tried prodding my Muse with a pitchfork. Hmmmm. *gets ideas*

Dawn said...

Quite effective.

Misque Writer said...

"Say hello you dysfunctional thought process"

Lol

Bunny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.