Welcome. This blog was started three years ago by four aspiring writers who are now three published authors of novels and short stories (Barbara Elsborg, Dawn Jackson, Arlene Webb) and one multiple award-winning writer (Laurie Green). We blog to keep readers updated on our new releases or other random topics. We hope you enjoy your stay. :] Coffee?

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Damn!


There are book covers, then there are BOOK COVERS.

I just spent $25.00 without batting an eyelash. I know nothing about the author, nor did I care. When I'm done being in love with the art on the cover, I'll let you know what the story is like.
Okay, it caught my eye when I walked into the book store. I snatched it up and couldn't put it down. I'm really not this shallow, and I'm sure the story is great, she's a NY Times Bestseller, but this is a book I had to have because of the cover...

It's much more impressive in your hands and the back is just as beautiful.
When it comes to art, I'm a hard one to please. I know what I like and I know what I don't. I like, I like a lot. It's nice to see cover art where the artist wasn't afraid of faces and they have a fantastic imagination. I'm not crazy about purple, but wow, the entire cover is this dusky purple that just sucks you in. It stood out from everything else around it. I'm planning on reviewing this one, I'll let you know at the end of the week, what I think of the story.
The Book is by Diana Palmer, it's called "The Morcai Battalion" and I haven't got a clue who the artist is, but thumbs up my friend, your cover is awesome.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh, I agree! Love that cover. Great balance. I guess it worked too, if you snapped it up. LOL

Thanks for posting it.

Flick said...

It is a attractive cover. I've
read something by this author - can't remember what it was called but this story is a reissue of an old one of hers. I've been taken in by that a few times - think its a new book and buy it, only to realise after a few pages that I've read it. I always look at the publishing date now because if it isn't new and its an author I like, I've probably read it.