Welcome. This blog was started three years ago by four aspiring writers who are now three published authors of novels and short stories (Barbara Elsborg, Dawn Jackson, Arlene Webb) and one multiple award-winning writer (Laurie Green). We blog to keep readers updated on our new releases or other random topics. We hope you enjoy your stay. :] Coffee?

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Eternal Embrace


Found in Italy, this couple has been in an embrace for 5-6 thousand years. Little is known of them. What was the manner of death? Were they a doomed Romeo and Juliet, so in love one couldn't live without the other? Why were they buried like this? Many ask what inspires me. It is things like this... Life inspires me.
This my friends, is a love story.

7 comments:

Flick said...

Of course, they could have been deadly enemies and posed in that way by their enemies, just to be spiteful. Oh gee, I don't have a romantic bone in my body!

Dawn said...

LOL. You bad girl Flick. Kill my little thrill... Sniff, I thought it was sweet.
Did you know they've never uncovered bodies embracing each other this way before? They don't know what killed them, just that they were young. Perhaps they were buried alive and clung to each other as they died? Or one died and the other refused to leave, so they buried them with the other... Come on, this is some good material for a story.

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurie said...

Definitely a moving image, but I'm going to follow my eleventh commandment:

Thou shalt not be distracted from thy polish of P2PC.

May give this a shot sometime, but not right now. Dawn and Flick, this looks like it could come right from one of your novels. I'll stay tuned to see if you post anything.

Flick said...

umm, I'll think on it!

Dawn said...

LOL. Yeah, I should be working on my rewrite too,