Welcome. This blog was started three years ago by four aspiring writers who are now three published authors of novels and short stories (Barbara Elsborg, Dawn Jackson, Arlene Webb) and one multiple award-winning writer (Laurie Green). We blog to keep readers updated on our new releases or other random topics. We hope you enjoy your stay. :] Coffee?

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The day after Christmas

It's a bit like a hangover on your pocketbook. It's painful and you don't remember where all your money went. You just have these flashbacks...

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I sat around and ate, and read, and ate some more. Christmas was a day of doing absolutely nothing and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Mr. Santa was good to me. Got me everything a girl could want. A heavy bag and fingerless sparring gloves. Ah the romance. I'm so excited. I've been nagging him since I opened them to hang the bag so I can kick it and punch it. He said he'd do it tonight. Gawd, I love that man.

It's back to work. Argh... Year end tax reporting and all. Have a feeling I'm going to need that heavy bag tonight. Time to stop being lazy and get back to picking away at the re-write I stalled out on too. Sigh.

Have a great day and Happy Day After.

8 comments:

Flick said...

Too much to eat!! Lovely day though. I got a set of carabiners, a heavy duty tape gun and a tiger stripe polo shirt from husband (I think it cost a dollar and he can't reist a bargain). I shall never again complain that he doesn't think. He clearly does, just not on my wave length but lots of other lovely gifts from daughter and her boyfriend and son and his girlfriend.

Dawn said...

Oooh a heavy duty tape gun. What's that for????

Laurie said...

I got a battery charger for my car that plugs in through the cigarette lighter so I don't have to get out of the vehicle. (He knows how much I detest the cold. LOL) Well, lots of other stuff too, but that was probably the most offbeat.

Dawn, we could use that punching bag at work, methinks. We keep threatening to get one.

Dawn said...

Very empowering, and a lifesaver come stress time.

Dawn said...

I hate the cold. Ever since I was in the Army. They kind of took the Walking in a Winter Wonderland right out of me. Slept too many weeks out in below zero weather to appreciate it. I'd rather be sitting in front of a fire with my coffee reading a book. My husband and kids can go out and snowboard and snowmobile. Nope not for me.

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Flick said...

The heavy duty tape gun came in useful. Husband is now wrapped, waiting for disposal. Garbage men come today!

Dawn said...

You are so bad...
LOL