Welcome. This blog was started three years ago by four aspiring writers who are now three published authors of novels and short stories (Barbara Elsborg, Dawn Jackson, Arlene Webb) and one multiple award-winning writer (Laurie Green). We blog to keep readers updated on our new releases or other random topics. We hope you enjoy your stay. :] Coffee?

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

New Shows

How many episodes will they last? What's your guess?

Pushing Daisies
A bit too artsy and campy for the current viewing public, methinks. I give it four episodes. Of course, I said the same thing about Ugly Betty.

Cavemen
I thought making a series out of lame insurance commercials wasn't the best idea. I haven't changed my mind about that. Three.

Private Practice
OK, as noted in my 20 Things About Me post, I'm a huge Grey's Anatomy fan, so I'm still scratching my head wondering why they take an intricately interwoven character from that series and stick her in a situation that is so different from Grey's, and without the same stellar ensemble cast. (And no Eric Dane. *sigh*) I mean why do they DO these things? How often does a spin-off ever do as well as the...unspun version? My motto is: If it's not broke, don't fix it...and definitely don't spin it off. I hate to say this, but I think this show will be done in one season tops, even on Grey's coattails. I hope Addison goes back to Seattle. Not THAT would be fun. :)

Any other nominees?

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Yeah, saw that Caveman thing. It really is quite ridiculas, but it's just the kind of thing that might acquire a weird cult following. So, I'm not even going to speculate.
Another medical show? Sigh. I'd like to see more of the TV Series like "Supernatural." Oh yeah, that's the stuff.

Laurie said...

If they'd just bring back Firefly I'd be in 7th Heaven. Now there was a truly excellent show. Wow. Great Sci-Fi by Joss Whedon with a fabulous ensemble cast. It has a cult following now. (Did you see my library of links to tribute clips over on Spacefreighters?)