Welcome. This blog was started three years ago by four aspiring writers who are now three published authors of novels and short stories (Barbara Elsborg, Dawn Jackson, Arlene Webb) and one multiple award-winning writer (Laurie Green). We blog to keep readers updated on our new releases or other random topics. We hope you enjoy your stay. :] Coffee?

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

J.R.Ward

Well, I take it all back. The names have really grown on me. I've just finished 'Lover Unbound' and it was great. JR has created a pack of incredible alpha males and each book concentrates on one of them in particular, while maintaining the world they live in. I loved 'Lover Awakened' about Zsadist who had terrible start in life but 'Lover Unbound' was even better. JR really makes you feel for her characters. By the end I was desperate that it all turn out all right. My only niggle is one that applies to all the books, that the females are less interesting and less well drawn but these books are about the men, no two ways about it. They are big, sometimes ugly brutes but with an attraction that's magnetic. Though there is a hint of a female MC coming up soon and I'm looking forward to seeing what she does with her.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

More reads to add to my pile.
I started Phoenix Unrisen and I love this writers style. Wow. You really should check her out. I'm impressed and about a quarter of the way through. JR Ward. I've been thinking about it...okay sold. Looks like another trip to borders in in order.

Laurie said...

Yup, more for mine too.

Dawn, I've heard that title before, PHOENIX UNRISEN.

And my pile grows higher.