Welcome. This blog was started three years ago by four aspiring writers who are now three published authors of novels and short stories (Barbara Elsborg, Dawn Jackson, Arlene Webb) and one multiple award-winning writer (Laurie Green). We blog to keep readers updated on our new releases or other random topics. We hope you enjoy your stay. :] Coffee?

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Getting the Words Right

Every writer knows that the most time consuming, difficult process in writing is the rewrite. "Getting the Words Right" by Theodore A. Rees Cheney is by far the best book I have found on the subject. He breaks it down, making it easy and effective to murder those little babies. This is a book I find indispensable. Great for those small tweaks or whole chapter cuts.
If you don't own a copy, I suggest you get one. I keep mine between the "Strunk and White" and "The First Five Pages."

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Thanks for the tip. I'll look for that one to add to my reference library.

I do need help with murdering words. Yup, not word count challenged.